Getting Started with Building Alerts
Building Alerts work hand-in-hand with your K4Community Smart Home thermostats to alert staff when extreme temperatures are reached in a residence. Once enabled, staff can set a high and low temperature threshold. When one of these thresholds is reached, our system will send an SMS text message to interested staff (staff need to opt-in to receiving messages, of course, and this is done in Team Hub). In addition to the immediate alerting via SMS text messaging, a historical log of alerts is maintained in Team Hub and accessible to staff.
Follow the below steps to get started:
Setting Up Building Alerts
Login to Team Hub
Select Admin in the left navigation
Find Building Alerts and click Expand
Enable Low Temperature Alert and set the desired temperature
We recommend 60º
Enable High Temperature Alert and set the desired temperature
We recommend 80º
- Enter a cell phone number to receive an instant alert when the low or high temperature threshold is breached.
- An SMS alert will be sent to the phone number asking the user to opt-in to receive messages.
Managing Building Alerts
Login to Team Hub
Select Building in the left navigation
Select Building Alerts
Search or filter by the type of alert you wish to see in the top right corner.
Note: Filters only appear of the alert type has been enabled in Settings.
The list will then show all of the alerts that have ever happened in your community.
An alert is triggered when the recognized temperature in a residence goes above or below the defined threshold.
An alert will not be triggered if the thermostat is set within the threshold.
- When a phone number is added in Settings, the following message is sent: You are subscribed to K4 Building Alerts for [Community_Name]. Reply STOP to opt-out.
- If a user opts out, the following message is sent: You have successfully been unsubscribed. You will not receive any more messages from this number. Reply START to resubscribe.
- Each time an alert is generated, the following message will be sent:
- For Low Temperature Alerts: Building Alert: Low Temperature @ [Community_Name] [System/Room]
- For High Temperature Alerts: Building Alert: High Temperature @ [Community_Name] [System/Room]
- The Settings and Building Alerts pages are both mobile-friendly allowing staff to manage alerts on the go.
- Setting a time fence for when SMS alerts are sent is currently not supported (i.e. it is not possible at this time to say “only send messages between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.”).